Environmental Policy – Brewery Square
v1 – October 2019
Brewery Square are committed to reducing our environmental impact and improving our environmental performance as part of our business strategy and operating methods.
The Centre Manager is responsible for implementing the following policy, however, all employees have a responcibility to ensure that the objectives noted in this policy are met.
This policy has been put together with the aim of:
- Reducing environmental impact
- Reducing waste
- Minimise waste
- Minimising energy use
- Minimising water use
- Reducing impacts
It is our policy to
- minimise and reduce our waste, or to reuse or recycle as much as possible
- minimise our energy and water use in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources
- as much as possible, use and purchase services and products which do the least damage to the environment
- train, educate and inform employees of environmental issues which may arise at or affect their work
- promote environmental awareness and communicate environmental commitment among colleagues, staff, visitors, contractors and others
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency response programmes
Did you know that…
“Of the 6.3 billion tonnes of plastic waste that has been created globally, only 9% has been recycled”
It is our policy to minimise and reduce our waste, or to reuse and recycle as much as possible.
“An idling vehicle emits 20 times more pollution than onetravelling 32 mph”
We have an anti-idling policy, which prohibits vehicle drivers from leaving their vehicle idling at Brewery Square. Please refer to this individual policy for more information.
“Every 2 hours we throw out enough household ‘items’ to fill the world’s largest container ship with trash.That’s 12 container ships every single day, and 4380container ships in one year.”
It is our policy to, as much as possible, use and purchase services and products which do the least damage to the environment
At Brewery Square, we…
Reuse, reduce, recycle
Train, educate and inform
“The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it”
– Robert Swan